Lasting Powers of Attorney
Dealing with someone's affairs when they cannot manage on their own
As you get older you may need help dealing with the day to day running of your affairs. You can appoint someone as your attorney to assist you.
There are two types of Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)ญญ - a Personal Welfare LPA and a Property and Affairs LPA. These do the following:

Personal Welfare LPA: This authorises your attorney to make decisions about your personal welfare which includes healthcare and medical treatment.

Property and Affairs LPA: This authorises your attorney to act in relation to your property, investments and financial affairs.

We are experienced in preparing LPAs and we are happy to visit clients at home or in hospital if required.

If you have a relative who needs help dealing with their affairs but unfortunately is no longer capable of understanding the implications of signing a LPA, you may need to apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed as a "Deputy" so that you can manage their affairs for them. We can help you make this application.